Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Build-a-bear

Austin, May 3rd

Tiffanys birthday is this friday, so it's getting time to get her a gift. I asked her a couple of days ago what she wants. Of course she didn't want anything, so I asked and asked and asked until she told me she wants a stuffed animal. I was first thinking about buying a huge teddy bear or penguin, but then I decided, that it would be a much more personally gift, if I take her to build-a-bear and we build together a stuffed animal. And I wanted to see how build-a-bear works. Loran told me it looks like a lot of fun and some other people, who actually did that ensured me that it is fun.
So we went to the mall and built our own little football bear, called Carmel. We even have birth certificates. Our bear has to hearts inside, one with the initils TB and one with MS on it. We found a football outfit in the colors of our school, but I'm not really happy with the number on it. It's 00. In Germany it's mean to call someone a 'doppel Null'. Anyways, we are in America, and I saw a lot of Jerseys with the number 00, usually in soccer, but I guess there are football players with that number, too.
I took the bear home, and will wrap it some time this week.
Then we spend some hours looking at shoes, dresses and jewelry, and just walking through the mall. There are some things I never realized they are there, like a model of a city on the ceiling!

Loran left today to visit his dad, he will be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment