Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day of relaxation

Austin, May 8th

I slept until 2 o'clock. Then I took a shower and Gary and I went to Baby A's. Thats a Mexican restaurant. When we arrived there, I hadn't eaten in 15 hours! I don't know how I could survive that.
I had a huge burrito.
On the way to Baby A's I told Gary that I'd like to ride my bike sometimes to Steffens house, so i don't depend always on someone with a car. He lives close to Tiffany and I discribed Gary the way the cab driver brought me home. It's actually not that difficult to get to Lakeline Boulevard. I just have to go down Avery Ranch Blvd, then either go a little bit along 183 or Bells Drive and then turn right on Lakeline. So we drove the way back and forth to figure out what would be the safest way to go to Lakeline. I guess beeing so close to a Interstate is not very safe, but Avery Ranch is connected to a couple of neighborhoods wich are also connected to Lakeline. I don't know why I didn't thought of that earlier, probably because who ever drives me, usually goes a different way. Lakeline is a curved street, and most people don't go left on 183, but right. Or they drive to Vista Ridge Blvd and then to Lakeline. And that seems to take forever.
But now I have a pretty safe way, and I will test that some times next week.

After we ate Gary showed me Pennybacker Bridge. A bridge across Colorado River, with no support in the water. And it's made of the same materials Pennies are made.

Back at home we made sure that i can ride the bike, I didn't use it since last fall, and the tires were flat and we oiled the chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment