Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to school

Austin, January 3rd

And the break is over. Good, it started to get boring.
I slept very bad, I need to open the window of my bed room in the night, I sleep way better with open window. Unfortunately it's getting cold during the night.
Loran wanted to leave earlier today, so I was in school at about 815. To late to go to the weight room, and to early to go to class. Luckily I found PJ in the hallway and we talked about our breaks.
This poor guy broke his leg some weeks ago, pretty bad, he is one of our kicker, how is he supposed to kick the football without using his foot? Well, the next game is in a few months, should be enough time for his leg to became okay again.

Our math class room got a smart board, kind of like a huge touch screen used as board. But we didn't use it yet, we used a smaller tablet pc-like thing. You write on it and it appears on the wall.
In football we had a terrible hard workout, but at least is everyone else just as sored as I am, so I don't complain. At least not much.

During lunch I went to the guidance office to see my goidance counsellor to change my schedule a bit. I didn't got an appointment today, hopefully I can see her tomorrow.

I almost forgot the biggest event today: I read the half of a book. I haven't serious read for 5 months, a little bit in school and once in the bible. I lend twice books in the library, but the first one i stopped after two chapter and the second one I didn't even open.
But this time I will read it, all 480 pages.
I actually just have it, because I have to write something about one of the characters in a novel, so the class went to the library and I took the firts book which title sounded familiar. I have not 'The Loch'. I don't know why, but somehow I thought it might have something to do with the novel 'Holes' or in German 'Löcher'. But of course it's not German for hole, it's Scottish for lake. It's about Loch Ness. They often talk with Scotish accent: "Ye're needed. [...] He's demandin' tae see a Templar." "I need tae speak wi' a Templar" "Ye'll speak tae no one 'til ye've dealt wi' me. In whit battle [blabla]..."  "Ye're jist tryin' tae scare me. I'm no' feart o' a myth." A lot of tae's and whit's and ye's and half words.

No comments:

Post a Comment