Thursday, October 28, 2010

Go Plagge!

Austin, October 28th

You remeber that Katie isn't my friend anymore? Well, now she is again, I guess. When she came into English class, she ran to me, hugged me and said, she thought of me tha day before. Oh, uhm, wow...
She said, she ate those skittles with the 'crazy core' and had to think of you. Well, that was not exactly what I expected. But okay, why not?
I fist wasn't sure why skittles, and why she mentioned the crazy cores. Then I remembered that I had some days ago Skittles 'with crazy core' (what just means that they have different cores inside than the normal ones). I offered her some and she told me, those were her favorite. 

After school we had to run to the gym. Coach Rushing wanted to leave at 4. That means we had 15 minutes to go to the locker room, change clothes, hurry to the bus and hope to get a place for the shoulder pads. Steffen and I were to late for the pads. So we had to take them with us in the bus. Our tonights opponent is a school somewhere in the Austin Independent School District. We played in the Burger Stadium. Silly name. It's a varsity stadium. I was so impressed when I was the first timein it. But not long. The field was good. The yard marks were great. But that was everything good. It is not really a good-looking stadium. And the Timer and countaer and all that stuff needs to be repaired...
But we had a great game. We were JV black and red mixed. James Plagge was awesome. 3 touchdowns. The last one very short before it ended. He was player of the game, for sure. Without him we had probably lost. 
But I think the moment that impressed me most was about the last 5 minutes of the 4rth quarter. We were at the 30 yard line and the stupid refs said we didn't made the 10 yards. OF COURSE WE DID! They put the ball some yard back. The other team got the ball. The whole defense was so angry, you could feel it! And when we quarterback had the ball, the whole team run to him, not to tackle him down, no, they oushed him some yards back. he couldn't do anything, every man of the defense pushed. After their fourth down they had maybe 5 yards. With a punt! But it was till hard to make the last touchdown. The score was 14:14 at this time.So close before the end, the next point had probably decided the game. And just seconds before the end, it was decided for us. They played good. but not good enough for the Rangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment