Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Gary

Austin, October 2nd
I'm pretty sure I wrote all that before... but I can't find my blog entry from today anymore, so I start again...

Today is GARYS BIRTHDAY!
So we were out for breakfast, in a restaurant called Chili's. The hostesse there is a class mate of me, I'm pretty sure she is one of the three or four Ashleys in my English class.

I had shrims. I like shrims, and self made fries. 

After breakfast we were in a Goodwill shop. They had lots of funny halloween stuff. I love the black 'unknown phantom' dress. And the nurse dress. Of course I wouldn't wear it,, but there are some dirls in my school I'd like to see in that... 

Back at home Gary unpacked his presents.
From me he got a 'Original Swiss Officer knive' from Victorinox.
No I don't make advertising, I just like the Victorinox cross more then the Wenger cross. This are the both companys who produce the 'Original Swiss Army/Officer knives'.
Actually, they are both not 'original'. The Swiss army uses just one model of this knives -for both, swiss officers and normal soldiers-, with less functions than the most of the civil models have. And they are not red. A long time they were silver, but I think since one or two years they are black or dark green. I would love to have one of the really original knives.
I'm a bit jealous that Gary has a swiss pocket knive and I don't, even if I gave it to him... My knives are soo fare away. In Germany I was used to have one all the time, in school, when I met friends, when I was camping. Not that I was often camping, or used it often in school. But if I had needed one I've had one.
Here of course I would never take on with me to school. I read in a German newspaper about having knives in American schools. Absolutely No Go! You will be suspended from school for that...

Later we three walked the 1.000.000$ trail. I'm sure it has a name, but I just know it as the million dollar trail or just 'the trail'.
We wanted to do that since I'm here, but first we had not time, then I was unable to find it alone, and then it rained so hard, that it was under water for weeks.
Some parts are still under water, and it's dirty, and everything is broken. Some trees are dead, at some are just the top leafes still green. It didn't look like a one million dollar trail. Maybe if everything is repaired, but now it just look dirty.
Somewhen we changed from the trail to the high way. We saw a turtle in the river under the bridge we were walking along.
We stopped at a restaurant for dinner. We had spicy shrims and chicken.  Loran asked me if I want a Heineken. It was of course just a joke, but the waiter looked a bit shocked.

The rest of the day Loran and I spent in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment