Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday

Austin, October 16th

I came home at 1:30am. So I hurried to go to bed. I slept until 6. Actually I wanted to sleep until 7, but better 6 than 5 or earlier, right?
At short before 8 Gary brought me to the Cox Elementary School. They have their fall carnival today, and I signed in to help to set everything up. Yes I'm a nie guy, I help a completely strange school, and I count that as the first 3 and a half hours of the service hours i have to do for the exchange organisation. I stayed there until 11:30. The last two hours in the sun, it was hot. Maybe i shouldn't wear my jacket, but I didn't want to let it somewhere in a strange building, who knows if I will found it again. It's, exept for my rain jacket, the only one I have, and it starts to getting colder in the morning. And since i don't like to wear shirts with long sleeves much, I need that jacket until I'm in school. Then it's usually warm enough for t-shirts.
Later this day Steffen asked me, if I want to go with him and Jessi to the cinema. After some... communication problems (text messages are just too short, but for what do we have phones?) we were finally in the mall, but the movie had already begun. So we went to some shops until the next movie started. Jackass 3D. A really funny movie. You have to be 17 to watch it here. I'm the only one of us who is 17, maybe was that the reason why they asked me to join... Whatever, we told then that they are just since a short time here and their luggage isn't here yet, so they have no ID cards. But when I showed mine, and I am 17, that it's okay for them to watch the movie. A movie where you have to be 17? What a joke, why 17? Why aren't the limits 16 and 18 like in the rest of the word (or at least in Germany? But at the other side, if it's 18 or older we couldn't have watched.)


No comments:

Post a Comment