Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wipe out Cavaliers Nation

Austin, October 15th

I. Love. Football. It may look like just a bunch of boys in pads and helmet run against each other (and this time at least one player bleed, but it was not much). But it is just awesome. Even the JV games, not very big events, and usually -always- we play on a bad field, but it's just great to see your friends play, or play yourself. This game we played against Lake Travis. A district game, so we should win it, if we want to be district champ, and with Cedar park the hardest opponent. A coach held a speach in football class. Something about water drops...
The Lake Travis High School is the home of the Cavaliers, they call it the Cavaliers Nation. (Vista Ridge is Ranger Territory). And the coach said something about the little Cavalier Nation, a island nation. And what happens to an island if there is a tsunami? It will be wiped out. So lets us be be the tsunami, and as one team the Cavs wipe out!
And after an exciting game we finally won 35:14. Steffen made his first extra point!
I was the first time in the kick off team. 

Later at home I read the Game Reports of the JV black team last year... I was shocked how bad they were. I'm happy that I'm this year here.
I'm looking forward for the Varsity Game tomorrow. A big full stadium, a musik show for the half time break -Colleen said they have changed the show, but the ugly dressed Color Guards are still there, poor girls...- and everyone cheers. It's just great.

From school is not much so tell, I had in two classes subs, in football we prepared for the game, and in the last class, History, we have a new class mate.
And again I didn't see Miranda, that sucks.
But tomorrow I will see her for sure. She's in the marching band and it's a pep rally.
But we want to meet before the last class, the breaks between classes are just to short...

No comments:

Post a Comment