Friday, October 22, 2010

Who am I?

Austin, October 22nd

Ladies and gentlemen, it's friday... I kind of love to hear those words. They mean two days relaxation.
But first d last day of school. It's a A-day. So it started with Algebra. I don't know why so many here have problems with Algebra 2. It's really not that difficult. But maybe my class mates are right: I'm a German, I'm just brilliant...
Again, it's friday. Weight room day. It was a hard workout. But it feels like I haven't been in the gym for, like, forever. At least not this week, so I was glad to do something.
And after that I had to prepare my stuff for the game. I got a bag for my shoulderpads, helmet and cleats. And a grey shirt for under the pads. Wow, it smells... clean. You can really see, that the Varsity team is more important. Just Nike stuff, the cleats (well ours are from Nike, too), the pants, the Jersey and the shirt. It fitted much better than the black shirt I usually wear. And it wasn't wet! Then I got a Jersey. Not #34. This one is used by someone else. But from the few Numbers who were left I could choose. I took #9. It fits better than the JV jerseys. But I first couldn't think of, how I should get it on my pads. It is really tigh!
Later I saw, it's hard to get it on, but possible, to put the pads and the jersey on is no problem, but to get them off is a challenge. I needed almost 10 minutes, I guess.

I think my best class today was English. Surprise! We talked about appropriate clothes in different situations. Later we went to the library to get a new book to read during SSR (Something with silent reading, I think). In the library I met Jessica. We talked, of course in German, and very soon we had a bunch of people around us, who wanted to hear us speaking German. We tried to teach them our lastnames. Especially my name is hard to say for most Americans. I  don't kow why, but somehow they say always 'sh' instead of 'ch'. Miranda told me this night, the secod s in my name freak her out. Well, I have only one s in my lastname.

I took some pictures during the game, I will upload them as soon as possible, but somehow I can;t upload anything in the moment.

In the half time our head coach hold the greatest speech ever. Again. He said it some weeks ago. But I loved it there yet, and many others, too, so someone asked him to hold it again.
It's funny, I found the speech in Youtube under: 'I'm a champion' and 'Greatest speech ever'.

After we returned to Vista Ridge, Miranda, her friend Erika and I went to Whataburger. I was starving!









No comments:

Post a Comment