Saturday, November 6, 2010

Indians and Wizards

Austin, November 6th

Today is the Lonestar competition. The last band competition. I wanted to see it, but it's in Dallas, a little bit to far away. But so I had time to go to the Indian PowWow. I Think that is the only word I know with 'ww' in it.When Gary and I arrived there was my first thought, somehow familiar. I was sure I saw this area before. But I didn't thought long about that.
We met with Sharon and a lot of other exchange students. Mostly from Germany and exept for Adrian -a Spanish boy- all girls. First we walked around and watched what the indians sold. Lots of jewelry. I bought a bracelet and Adrian bouth a knive with firestone blade. A very nice knive. And we tried a buffaloe burger. It was a bit dry.
Some of the girls let draw a picture of themselves. A woman who sees animals around people draw the pictures. Together with the animals, and then she explained the meaning of each animal. At Sunnys blog i a foto of one of the pictures.
Later we watched a indian dance competition. It was interesting, but some of the outfits weren't really authentic. I'm sure indians had no neon color or with CDs decorated clothes. But they still looked neat.
When we left I finally knew where we were. The PowWow was next to the Burger Stadium. The varsity field where my JV team played a week ago!

Short after I arrived at home, Lauren picked me up. We spend the rest of the day with watching Harry Potter, playing Guitar Hero, baking Angel Food Cake, talking, and we were out for a walk, together with her mom and her little sister.
I'm not really good at Guitar Hero, not like Lauren, she played two songs really good. First we watched Harry Potter 4, but it was boring. I know it already... Later we watched a part of HP5. I know that two, but we did other stuff too, so it didn't get boring so quik. I never heardthe strong British accent before. They sound so funny.
 I had really fun today, so far the best day of the week.
At home I watched the end of Jeepers Creepers 2 and the beginning of the first Jeepers Creepers. On Halloween it was more scary. But I didn't saw the beginning of the first movie, when we watched it on Halloween. Now I finally understand what the whole time happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment