Friday, November 19, 2010

Play off round two

Austin, November 19th

It's friday. And it's game day. Actually was no peprally planned, but they made one, after the coach asked for one. Even when they wasn't planned, they was really good. The Starsteppers are great dancer!
Like some from the football team later said: Thats real high School Musical. One girl started dancing in the middle of the gym, some other joined her and soon were all the Starsteppers, Cheerleader, band members and the first few rows danced.
I wonder why so many of my classmates don't like pep rallies. They are so great. And they make the classes a bit shorter.
Because it is the last day before the vacation, we didn't make much in most classes. In Algebra we started normal, but soon we stopped lesson and we coul 'socialize'. A funny word that simply means talk.
In football we just said in the study hall. I hoped we would go to the weight room.
Our history teacher made norml lesson. But in English our teacher put all the desks on the walls and wanted us to lay on the floor and draw two Thanksgiving cards to two teacher or other perons who work in the school. Since we had to draw something, the first perso I thought I should give a card was my multimedia teacher. The other card gets the teacher I spend most time with, my football position coach.
Direct after school I run to the locker room. We ate a sub from 'Firehouse Subs' and then we changes clothes.

This time I got jersey Number 74. The first time that I wore a red Jersey.
Fits very good to the red long sleeve shirt and my receiver gloves I wore, in case that it's going to be as cold as last week. It didn't but I was still glad to have them.

Tyler laughed about my number. He said the 74, a lineman number, doesn't fit to me, because linemen are usually a bit bigger than I am.



Then we had a long ride to Alamo Heights. It's close to San Antonio, I think. On the way we watched highlight of the last game.

 Before the game our head coach hold a very amazing and emotional speech.

It was a good game. We led very early with a field goal. But in the end we lost with the horrible endscore of 24 to 51!
I'm very sad that we lost and so are out of the play offs. I was so looking forward to the games in the big stadiums like the Alamodome.

But on the other side, we have no pratice in the vacation. A whole week to relax and maybe practice soccer.

After the game we got pizza. It was cold, but still very good. Then we drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment